Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), also known as oxitriptan (INN), is a naturally occurring amino acid and chemical precursor as well as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin from tryptophan.
HTP is used for migraine, sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, tension-type headaches, premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), binge eating, obesity, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) along with prescription drugs to treat seizure disorder and Parkinson's diseases.
- Vitamin B6 (150% of Daily Value) 3 mg
- Zinc (20% of Daily Value) 3 mg
- 5-HTP, eleuthero root, ashwagandha root and suma bark.
- 5-HTP Power blends three adaptogenic herbs - eleuthero, ashwaganda and suma
- 5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin
- Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.
- 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is used for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.